Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Not Leaving the Country



People say a lot of silly things during political campaigns, including threatening to leave the country if their candidate doesn't win. Some made such statements about both Clinton and Trump, but now we are hearing cries for those who said they'd leave if Trump won to leave. Of course, that misses the point that such statements are really expressions of strong emotion rather than literal intention. Having said that, I believe God has sent me as a citizen of Christ's Kingdom/Reign to be a resident alien in the US. Therefore, I'm not going anywhere regardless of who wins or loses, but I will continue to live here with my total priority on following Jesus, encouraging others on the journey with him, and inviting others to join us. I know that the US (and every human entity) is temporal while Christ's Kingdom/Reign is eternal, and will be there long after the US has passed from human history. Before the election I wrote this about that perspective.

No comments: