Thursday, July 14, 2022

Why Is Anyone Surprised?

 This may be a bit premature, but I wanted to get it posted with a date before outcomes were public. My thought is prompted by making public the recording (attr to) Steve Bannon that Trump had planned before election day to declare himself winner early, regardless of the outcome and use that as leverage to derail the counting of mail in ballots, etc. With what has been coming out in the TV interviews/reports from the January 6 committee, Trump's standing in the GOP seems to be weakening, at least some. Not exact words, but I am getting the sense of some of the "never-Trump" conservatives and Republicans are thinking if not saying, "We told you so." With my observation of Trump's whole career, and specifically his responses on election night, I think the real question is: Why is anyone surprised?!"

No comments: