Monday, May 2, 2022

adrift in a storm without rudder or sail or engine or map or compass

Another thing I am recording here just to get it out of my head, without posting it more publicly, as I have no interest in arguing about my gut feelings. As the mid-term elections of 2022 approach with the looming shadow of the 2024 presidential election, I have this sense that the country is adrift in a storm without rudder or sail or engine or map or compass, and maybe without a crew. It is not a question of competing visions of the two parties, but that neither seems to have any sort of vision, more like cat fights in a small cage, without even a real candidate to the top cat (despite increasingly dubious claims to be the real top cat). 

The Democratic Party seems mired in ineptitude and insignificance, while the Republican Party seems to be torn between self-immolation and cannibalism. 

No comments: